The Startup UCLA Accelerator, a 10-week summer program in which students are provided with resources to build and launch companies, culminated this Thursday with its annual Demo Day. The event was held at the California NanoSystems Institute at UCLA and had a great turnout with over 300 participants.
A total of nine companies were incubated this summer at Blackstone Launchpad at UCLA, located in Covel 203.
Here is a list of the companies that participated in the 2015 class:
- Clutchpoints, a sports app that allows you to follow the match of your favorite team in real time by pulling community-contributed content via Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms.
- Ezkie, a service that allows you to book mid-term rentals while preventing scams.
- Flux Chargers, aka us, who have the sleekest portable charger that works for both Android and Apple out of the box.
- Shuutme, a mobile-video app that exploits FOMO (fear of missing out) by experimenting with scarcity.
- SeekU, devised by college counselor experts, helps low-income high school students understand the admissions process and better their chances.
- Polibeats, an app that allows you to connect with your respective political representative via aggregating the different channels of communication through which you can reach them.
- SudoLab, a vertical video platform that provides content that users have to tune in to view.
- Rankmi, a Chilean-based startup that gives managers performance insights about their employees and culture via a computerized interface.
- Pluto, a financial savings app for millennials that encourages saving for a specific goal.
The companies benefitted from weekly office hours with successful entrepreneurs, talks from industry experts, and pitch coaching sessions led by Robert Jadon, Director of the Summer Accelerator.
As a company that went through this program, we highly recommend it to students at UCLA. We loved the program as we made great connections with investors, advisors and other entrepreneurs.
We are excited to take Flux to the next level and keep making use of the resources available through StartupUCLA.